Friday, June 03, 2011

A Day Late...

Pretty, happy, funny, real. "Real" I can do (the "day late" is part of that)... It was fun to look for the others, though!

IMG_8896-3


Pretty: She stayed asleep when I put her down! (Okay, only for a half hour. Nobody gave me a memo that said: by the way, today is cluster-feeding day! But they should have.) And she's all cuddled up in Matushka Anna's beautiful Columba blanket. (Don't you want one?)

Happy: He and I spent some time reading together this morning, and then it was time to pick up his room. He had beads and shoelaces out all over the floor, so I told him to put them in their little box. On a whim, I thought I'd present this toy/task/work to him again now that he's older. He totally got it! He put the beads on the string faster and faster, only needing a little help with the first two.

Funny: He is good about remembering to put his sunglasses on. And he has two pairs. So he puts both of them on. It makes a kind of sense, but it still makes me laugh.

Real: Our "dining" room table. This is the dumping ground for anything which doesn't go in the diaper bag and must be taken out. (That should read "taken out and put away," but as you can see, that's not the case. Yet.) Let's see... dead flowers, food processor, tote and diaper bags, unopened box of oatmeal, icon books, road atlas, bibs, socks with packaging, gift receipts for baby things (I don't remember what goes with anything, but heaven forfend I toss any of it!), a nifty wet bag I won in the Great Cloth Diaper Hunt (I was going to post about my three prizes, but only two ever showed up...). There's an undusted knick-knack shelf with iris photographs on the left, and a china cabinet with nice things that we don't use or look at (or dust) on the right. On the floor on the left are a box and a bag ... awaiting their doom, I think.

Maybe I should look for a happier "real." (Heck, maybe I should post on Thursday like everyone else.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Matushka Anna said...

Oh, thanks for the picture!!! She's so pretty - I can't wait to meet her!

I'll wait until you have some baptism photos to ask for posting permission. (:

Fri Jun 03, 03:15:00 PM CDT  
Blogger elizabeth said...

Nice! my goodness I think if you did the post at all, it is something! :) Mat. Anna does do great blankets...

Fri Jun 03, 03:20:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Leila said...

Sweet baby with blanket! Thanks for joining!

Fri Jun 03, 09:30:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Mama Bear, JD said...

Sweet sleeping baby!

Sat Jun 04, 08:52:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michelle M. said...

Such sweet photos... and yes, I want a Columba blanket. Oh, wait, I have one :) Which really works out if you know our last name and the patron of our family.

Sun Jun 05, 10:29:00 PM CDT  
Blogger faerieeva said...

I think I recognize that tablesetting from my place!

Tue Jun 07, 05:51:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home