Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Future Orthodox

My sister has joked that when Virgil gets ordained, my little two-year-old nephew B will be Virgil's "first customer" for baptism. I have been praying to St. Panteleimon (whose name Virgil tentatively translated as "Lion-Heart") for him since I found out he hasn't been baptized. I think he is already showing a tendency to Orthodoxy because he kisses nearly everything.

Update: "Panteleimon" means "All-merciful:" the saint was given the name "Pantaleon" (meaning "In all things like a lion") by his parents, but he changed it later to "Panteleimon" when he became a Christian.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI....this is really interesting! My name is Magda Pantaleon! I'm cuban-american and live in miami, fl...I had no idea what my last name meant. Thanks for the insight....I guess the world IS small after all...be well

Thu Dec 15, 10:20:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home