Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Graham Cracker Commandment Tablets

Today was happy. Virgil set the alarm for after he went to Liturgy (6:30 a.m., but it's his altar group week, so his wake up was 5:40). I got to work early, and did a lot of nothing spaced out through the day. R took my deposit to the bank for me, so I didn't even have to do that. I got my office supplies in so I set up my desk how I want it. Most of the guys were out of the office, and E was out sick, so most of my answering the phone was sending people to voice mail. I managed to check on the status of all the lien waiver requests anyhow.

I left work early (4) to go get Virgil and drive up to St. V's for the girls' basketball game. I realized as we got there that he'd forgotten to bring/wear his coach's shirt which they gave him last week. Ah, well. There's still one more game in the season. Our team lost, but two of our top four players (1 and 4) weren't there, and the other team had three tall girls (which fact, in a league ranging from age eight to grade eight, makes a significant difference) to our one.

We came home to find corn meal in a bag hanging on our doorknob. We figured out who had left it (friends to whom we had mentioned that we couldn't find cornmeal for one of Virgil's recipes) with the help of our upstairs neighbor L. Then I was in her clutches. Starburst, milk and cookies. Then our husbands came and talked, too. A-G drew a baptismal font for one of the classes she'll be teaching tomorrow for the kids on campus. I helped make ten commandment tablets out of graham crackers for the other class, and got to lick some of the homemade icing which was to go between them.

As I said to L, now I have to go put my cornmeal to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger TeaLizzy said...

This blog is getting a little nineteenth-century. Only you need to write Ms. E-- or Mrs. L-- instead. ;-)

Sat Feb 05, 10:55:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home