Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Comparison

I think I may have found a good comparison for Byzantine chant: Dungeons and Dragons.

Occasionally, there are times when Anthony/my husband/another chanter has a realization: "Ohhh. Because of the [whatever notation], the zo is here." This reminded me this evening of, "But I have a [whatever weapon] which adds plus five to my attack." Lots of arbitrary rules and little things that you have to remember.

Also, Fr. Seraphim reminds me of Tham*. I bet Fr. Seraphim would make a good DM.

*Tim. But he went to London, and there's a river there, evidently named after him. And this way I can make sure I remember to which Tim I am referring. Except it's also fun to say "Tham."

"Black tea is like a lizard, in that it is black, and it is tea.
A lizard is like Black Tea in that it is scaly, and has a tail."
- Electic** Broccoli, The Lizard Song
(Quoted from Tim's away message)

**Electic? Electric? Eclectic? I can't find another reference anywhere on the internet. Stupid really-cool third-hand quotations.

Okay, bye.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lissa said...

haha :)

You gave me a smile and a laugh. Thanks.

Good memories.

Mon Mar 20, 03:33:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home