Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Showers of Babies

So maybe baby showers are fun after all, especially when the invitation says to bring your favorite dessert.

Jenny was there. I got in trouble. She's coming over tomorrow. I will now stop blogging and take the piles off the dining table, and hang up the clothes which currently sprawl over the music corner.

Let's review the homework:
Our homework, due Thursday evening two weeks ago [*hangs head in shame*]:
* all the piles of *stuff* must get put away, not just shoved somewhere new. This will be the hardest piece of homework for me yet; [Status: Halfway done. Now where does it go?]
* go to Big Lots and check out the slipcovers; [Status: I don't know where Big Lots is yet. Tomorrow, I will ask E at work for directions to the (closest) one, which is 10 miles south of work; then I will go there and look at slipcovers.]
* look for frames for some photographs (my father took some pictures of my mother's butterfly irises in the backyard -- she can grow irises like nobody's business) so I can hang them over my desk; [Status: Not even started. Tomorrow I will go to Savers with the photograph binder to see whether there are any I like.]
* get some hand-me-down lace linen things (including an ancient baptismal baby dress) drycleaned and properly stored (no, not "get them," just "get them drycleaned and properly stored" -- I don't go *looking* for this stuff. um. most of the time.); [Status: Moved outside the door, but no further. These will go with me tomorrow and I will drop them off at the dry cleaner's.]
* buy something so there are more outlets in the bedroom (Jenny suggested that we get something so that by flipping the switch, we can have both lamps turn on at the same time; also, there is no room for one of the bedside lamps to go into an outlet). [Status: Oh, yeah. I forgot about that, too. I will stop by Home Depot to see what options they have, but will check Savers first.]

Bonus homework:
* Put up the shelf which fell down, this time using toggle bolts;
* figure out who wants the pegboard, as it is too small for Jenny to use: Alan and Shirley;
* take more pictures of the apartment.

Okay. Dining table, pile of clothes, and maybe the stuff* my mother sent.

*Including a letter warning me to cut down my caffeine intake. Sorry. I mean, if my body could produce caffeine, so I could have a negative intake, I would, just for her. Since I only have a coke (no, really, a Coca-Cola) about once a month, I'm not sure where she's getting this. She's the one who cut down from 40 to seven cups of tea a day, and my dad is the one who is addicted and allergic to coffee (he avoids it). I still cringe when I have to go into the office kitchen and there's fresh coffee at 3:00 pm. I mean, ew. Ever since I learned that caffeine dehydrates you (thank you, Texas high school marching band), I've been content to eschew sodas, etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger magda said...

I need to incorporate the phrase "bongo huge" into my speech habits.

Tue Jun 21, 09:30:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home