Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Future Presvyteres Retreat, Notes, Part 5

Because my husband pointed out last night that I hadn't posted in a week, I will post another page's worth of notes.

Pres. Katerina pointed us to the letter to the Hebrews, chapter twelve, as a passage which gives hope in her day to day living. She said that (1) conversations without covetousness and (2) gratitude for all things were the result of continual repentance.

Then she read one of those internet forwards about "being a mother." Ha. Found it, or at least one like it. It was funny. Then she changed it slightly so it would fit for presbyteres. "Somebody said 'good' mothers never raise their voices ...somebody never came out the back door just in time to see her child hit a golf ball through the neighbor's kitchen window." became "Somebody said 'good' presbyteres never raise their voices ...somebody never came out of coffee hour just in time to see three teenaged boys launch a frisbee which was headed for an elderly lady." I wish I could remember more, but my hand couldn't keep up. Do you have any ideas?

Pres. Katerina finished her talk (first of the four sections) with this advice and reminder: trust that you will learn, pray, and hope. "Are you going to struggle? Yes, but you're going to struggle anyway."

The next speakers were Fr. Gerasimos Makris and Pres. Theodora Paleologos. I wish I had a copy of the videotape; they had so many pithy remarks, dense in their wisdom, that I didn't feel I got even half of them down on paper. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home