Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Not "Trading Spaces" Resumes

New computer, so I downloaded a whole bunch of things which are ALL aggravating me, with their faux-helpfulness. I wanna click and drag to the internet already! Rawr!

Oh, well. Here comes some coding. Please leave off commenting for a while, and don't comment on the pictures, because they will go away. Hopefully in the way in which I say, instead of blithering off into the ether.

I was partially successful in my homework. I went to Big Lots to look at slipcovers the one loveseat slipcover. Their frames weren't so great, either. Luckily, I had asked E and R from work, and they had given me directions to "Ocean State Job Lot" which is the weirdest name for a store, but I found couch slipcovers for $29.99, and some really awesome frames (just frames, for not much money) for the iris pictures, and one for a St Peter icon which my mother sent (really just a page in a magazine, but I know my St Peter when I see him) for Virgil's nameday (June 29). I even picked up some surge protectors for the outlet dilemma there. For cheap! Then I went to the drycleaners and found out they close at 7. (Did I forget to rant about Boston traffic? Silly me.) So, at 7:15, I went home and called Jenny over.

We put the iris photos in frames and hung them above my messy desk:


Garden above the mess

Jenny and Virgil hung the magnolia print in the large empty space on the south-east wall:

Large magnolia picture ... and mess


Virgil, sitting up straight at his computer desk

What? You think I'm posting pictures of *me* on my blog? You don't know me very well.

I did clean off the dining room table last night, and now the framed icon of St Peter looks nice on the table. I love Jenny's placement of the icons:

Dining "room" table

Top: Mystical supper; left: Sweet-kissing Panagia; middle: Christ; right: Holy Trinity.

I like how clean and happy the bathroom wall is now:

Bathroom wall

Holy Apostle Peter, pray to God for us!

Icon of St Peter in frame

... 'cause we gots homework:
  • finish the piles (Jenny did say we made progress);
  • take the towel off the ottoman already;
  • get blank slipcovers (we may need to wait on this due to budget);
  • find some baskets for crafts to be placed on the top of the desk (ask my mother first);
  • ask my mother if she could send Ganga's knicknack shelf (I don't know about shipping furniture, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?);
  • put up the bathroom shelf with toggle bolts.
I have some self-assigned homework, too, but I'm tired of battling the internet.

Pray for me, the tired and worthless sinner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

This looks great, it is wonderful to see your decorating.
I love the photos of the flowers, and of course the icons are very wonderful!

Thu Jun 23, 01:48:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home