Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Productivity

Because I will soon turn off the computer and continue to be productive, but I'm not ready to do so just yet.

On Friday I was in a fender-bender; nobody was hurt, thanks for asking, but please keep praying for me, especially against self-inflicted injury like papercuts. This is My First Accident™ (not even a witness before) in ten years of driving. I love the library system, but I really hate Boston. Anyhow. So we figured out what to do with the insurance company, and I got the (two-month-old maybe) car appraised today ($700+ for a leetle (handspan) dent in the bumper; cf. statement about Boston, even though the insurance will take care of it). And I put fuel in the car. And I called the repair shop and set up plans to take it in next Monday. And I got Peterbird his jams, jellies, preserves, and honey (black cherry, raspberry, mixed fruit, fig; honey from India) from Ocean State Job Lot which is like Big Lots, but they have lots more weird stuff. And I ran all these errands on my lunch break, and failed to get lost. Also, there were leftover pancakes for lunch. Rock!*

*Not a reflection on the texture of the pancakes.

Then, in the evening, we went to the library and to festal choir rehearsal; Peterbird went to the gym and played basketball while I stayed in the chapel for women's choir rehearsal and then joined him in the gym except for the part at the beginning when I watched a cat for about five minutes. And at the gym I did a full half-hour (non-stop) of the elliptical (am I weird for going backwards half the time?) on level 2 (for the first time). And then, because I was watching The Amazing Race which is an hour-long show, I went to the bicycle thing and kept going.

And then we came home and I entered all the chapel schedule things for March on my online calendar and Virgil put up his class notes and I blogged about the retreat (only 23 more pages to go, wot) and then I will do the dishes and then I will perform ablutions and lavations (my mother told me not to tell the internet that I'm taking a shower, like it's a big secret after I go to the gym), and then COLLAPSE INTO SLEEP right after I read some more. The end of Tuesday. Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hugs to you for the accident--I had my first accident in Boston, too. Holy Thursday, no less. We were driving to Weston for church, and stopped at a stop light on highway 9. A woman came hurtling around the corner, never even seeing the stoplight or us sitting there and slammed into us. Turned out she was from Russia, and we actually let her drive us back to the seminary. She felt so bad! Our little tin can car was totalled, but hers had hardly a little crunch.

And I just had my first at-fault accident just after Christmas. My car was totalled. Talk about depression....I hope to never have an at-fault crash again. At least when it's someone else's fault you can act all self-righteous! One good thing: the humility it gave me.

But your car owwie sounds quite minor, especially for Boston standards. Haven't you seen all those cars driving around with bumps in them? I think it's just a way of life over there. ;-)

Wed Mar 01, 10:51:00 AM CST  
Blogger Mimi said...

I'm so glad you are ok. I'm kind of chuckling at Pres. Elizabeth's story of the Russian lady driving them to the seminary - grin!

Wed Mar 01, 01:05:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home