Saturday, August 09, 2008

VBS 2008

(Trying to get caught up on some blogging about summer events...)

Holy Trinity had its Vacation Bible School in the second week of June, and I volunteered and was drafted to be in charge of the music and dance segments. I hadn't realized what earworms those songs could be. (We used one of those VBS kits, so it came with cds and a dvd for the dance moves.) I learned that some of the bigger kids like to do their own dance routines (and the GOYA helpers helped them with some choreography), that John Rosemond's philosophy actually works, and that pre-K has not caught onto the "Duck, Duck, Goose" idea just yet. I mean, they get the whole walking around and patting heads while saying, "Duck, duck ..." but when they're selected, most of them just sit there. Or when they are motivated into actually running, they just keep going, or if they are encouraged to sit down, they go right back to "their" spot instead of the spot of whoever picked them. Very amusing for the coordinator people. I didn't feel like I did very much (being in charge of the remote and mustering a cheerful aspect for reviewing the "dance moves"), but most everyone seemed to have a good time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Athanasia said...

I LOVE John Rosemund! He has some excellent thoughts and books. I wish I knew about him when I was raising my kids.

Sat Aug 09, 12:26:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home