Monday, February 23, 2009

No Jury Duty

I know most people want to get out of jury duty, but I had been rather looking forward to participating. Unfortunately, Teddy probably wouldn't be happy at being separated from his food for an entire workday. (We tried bottle feeding once, and all three of us were exhausted and unhappy afterwards.)

I was excused as "a parent or legal guardian of a child under 6 and not full-time employed." I think it's neat that I was able to do this online, but a little sad that I couldn't add a note: Try back when my son is weaned!

I don't get to use the word "weaned" enough, I think. Also, I like calling Teddy "yeanling," thanks to Fr. Seraphim's influence. (Mary was referred to as "the Ewe that yeaned the Lamb of God.")

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pres. Kathy said...

Be patient and Teddy will be weaned soon enough. Consistency is key! I did not know that a stay at home can get out of jury duty - good to know. Have a blessed day.

Mon Feb 23, 12:13:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad they actually accepted that excuse! My mother asked to be excused for the same reason when my brother was a baby but they made her serve anyway. My brother cried all day and then was clingy and easily upset for weeks afterward.

Thu Mar 05, 12:50:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home