Friday, March 21, 2014

34

After reading Aidan's Song, I thought it would be nice to sort of keep a journal for a year, and since my birthday (today) was coming up, I put it off until now... when I can't really think of anything to say.

Ah, well. As the sundial says, "I only mark the hours that shine."

This morning I woke up and got out of bed on time and did pretty well on the first part of my morning routine. I got to wear a new maternity shirt that I got on yesterday's rare thrift store shopping trip all by myself (Goodwill and Salvation Army.) My lovely husband even printed out my birthday Half Price Books coupon so I could go in soon after they opened and get the books and movies I'd put on hold the evening before.

I've been looking forward to a gift for myself that my husband and I decided on: a year's worth of participating in the Support A Mission Priest program through the Orthodox Christian Mission Center. I also girded myself and called the Catholic Worker House in town and went by with a few bags of donations that I'd been meaning to give them.

I got to decorate the icon for this evening's Salutations (my second attempt at decorating an icon with flowers).


Didn't get to spend as much time in the actual Salutations service since the kids needed me, but I was still able to be nice to people afterwards, getting to meet a young Scotsman visiting friends in town. We exchanged greetings and enthused about the new Orthodox monastery on the Isle of Mull. (Yesterday was the feast of one of their patrons, St. Cuthbert.)

Not going to get to bed on time again tonight, but I'm doing better with my little Lenten disciplines spreadsheet than I had been without it. Perhaps I'll look back on this and laugh, but I really did start out the day deciding that I'd be grown up and do things I ought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home