Monday, March 12, 2007

Sore Throat

Yesterday I missed church and today I missed work, due to a sore throat which added some congestiony things. I had forgotten what it was like to be sick, so it took me a while to get back in the hang of treating symptoms.

Last night, after a day with no congestion, I started getting completely congested and then I remembered Tylenol Cold. Within half an hour, I was asleep. What bliss!

Yesterday and today I tried to eat things with mustard in them. And, of course, tried to eat vitamins and drink fluids, especially orange juice.

But this evening, I remembered my secret weapon: garlic. Just a section of a clove, eaten after a while. I feel (and smell) powerful.

Maybe this is what I need to have on hand to help me set boundaries with people at work. Unless they like garlic as much as my husband does. :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I hope the garlic works. My Carpatho-Rusyn Godmother swears by it.

Tue Mar 13, 11:56:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home