Monday, June 27, 2005

Stinky bureaucracy

My husband and I have been doing nasty things. We finished this form in quadruplicate just now. We need some notarized signatures, copies of everything and everything again, and the check and then it will go away. Ugh.

He didn't realize how difficult it would be for me to fill in my residence for the last five years (six lines) and my employment for the last five years (five lines) (don't forget, everything times 4!). Luckily, it didn't ask me to attach additional sheets, so I made it back as far as March 2003 on the residence, and a whopping March 2004 on the employment. He filled out two lines for each. *sigh* This was one of those times for which I'm glad I keep everything, although I did need to do a bit of research for when I lived with my sister here (dang, do I remember having to keep the house clean for those pictures).

I'm going to take my poor little hand and wrist to bed now. Yes, with Br. Cadfael.

2 Comments:

Blogger existentialist said...

Again I understand your struggles. Now that I am divorcing, you should see all the nasty paperwork I have to go throught. Divorce, foster care, apply for scholarships. But you know what? I do not mind paper work. I have done manual labor, and I prefer paper work. I have taken care of young children...that is a challenge!

Wed Jun 29, 09:48:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear naïf, you may want to reconsider the phrasing "My husband and I have been doing nasty things."

Mon Jul 11, 12:24:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home