Monday, October 10, 2005

Haircut

I'm still in the single-digits of haircuts, so this is an Event. For me, anyhow. Peterbird had the camera, so he was having fun, too. (And he did get all his Bible readings done.)

I had been keeping my hair long for my father's visit* over the summer. I had heard that there was a student in the dorm who gives really great haircuts, and the wives of many of the married students had had a sort of hair party last fall, and they all had cute haircuts. Then Vassi got a cute haircut, so, with a little help, I managed to set up an appointment. Today was the second-biggest haircut I've had—not such a big deal when I think I've only had about six, but there was a foot of it. Going to Locks of Love where people less squeamish than I will put it to use.

*When I was younger, he wanted me to keep my hair long. At 14, I rebelled (enough to get a haircut, anyway) and got my hair cut the summer before high school. It was an inch past my knees. My dad still has the two-feet-long braids. *shudder* For some reason, hair which is still attached to me is okay, but large portions of it which are no longer attached to me are somehow disgusting.


Before.

After (and during).

Costa stopped by to make trouble.

Photi stopped by to try to find Costa...

I think I like it.

Andonios is just super-cool.


These pictures are of me, so they may come down when I have better sense, but currently I am euphoric in the first step of my diet. (My diet consists in maintaining my eating habits, but actually exercising occasionally, when I feel like it. This was only supposed to be a joke about how I lost weight by getting a haircut, but has turned into a public, self-critical critique of my physical self. I'll stop now.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth @ The Garden Window said...

It`s a great haircut - you look wonderful !

Tue Oct 11, 01:04:00 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hair, M! Bold move!

Tue Oct 11, 07:43:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Mimi said...

Awesome! Looks wonderful!

Tue Oct 11, 12:52:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Lissa said...

Gorgeous! Lovely! Glamorous! Elegant! Alluring! You look absolutely fantastic! I'm jealous. :-) And also impressed that you have had fewer than ten haircuts in your entire life.

Tue Oct 11, 04:05:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home