Thursday, May 18, 2006

Weighty Levity

Or something. I have a book on my desk entitled Chickens Chickens Chickens, therefore I beg to be excused from things like intelligent thought.

I am a nerd. I think that the best thing about losing weight (besides, you know, feeling better and being able to wear your own clothes without going shopping) is math. Also, when I am at the gym, I weigh in at the beginning and end of my workout (to see how much drinking water and sweating actually affect my weight short-term is interesting), and I write down my weight in hexadecimal.

Oh, and I'm in love with a math-involving "killer" sudoku.

Further radness: Discovering Chef! on DVD at the library.

Back to weight: I lost a pound since yesterday, and am convinced it was because I had two pieces of (yum) chicken pizza for lunch today. Virgil seems as skeptical of this as I am of the Da Vinci Code plot. (Reading Khouria Frederica's review as I blog, and want to know who so perfectly expressed my own reaction: "...the book is so ahistorical that she had to pretend it was a sci-fi work about alternative reality to get through.") However, Virgil did point out that after working out mostly for 5 weeks, I've lost 6 pounds.

In chapel today, Archbishop Demetrios, after he put the crosses on the alumni who graduated 50 and 25 years ago, called one priest forward and held up the priest's hand. Apb. Demetrios invited everyone to look at this hand, and ponder how many thousands of times it had touched the body of Christ, and how many thousands of times it anointed with oil, and how many thousands of times it had blessed people.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

called one priest forward and held up the priest's hand. Apb. Demetrios invited everyone to look at this hand, and ponder how many thousands of times it had touched the body of Christ, and how many thousands of times it anointed with oil, and how many thousands of times it had blessed people.

Oh my goodness, what a sobering and yet faithful thought.

Yeah, that line cracked me up on Kh. Frederica's review too.

Fri May 19, 03:05:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Okay, I am intrigued about the book called Chickens Chickens Chickens, but I cannot find any info about it. What is it?

Mon May 22, 10:36:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Lissa said...

You look gorgeous, Maig! It was great to see you again this past weekend. Congratulations to V!

Tue Jun 06, 12:30:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home