Thursday, June 08, 2006

Ordination Pictures

The following 57 pictures are meant to be subsumed into one post, described and explained. I figured that people might enjoy them even without the explanations, so I went ahead and posted them, and will organize later.

I have to keep repeating "di-ah-KOH-nee-sa, di-ah-KOH-nee-sa" otherwise I mis-emphasize. I like the Romanian, though: Diaconiţă (di-ah-koh-NEET-sa) which sounds like something with lots of complicated sugar and icing. And I've been introduced to the misspelling "Deaconesse" which sounds like some cream-filled pastry.

Back to putting rocks in my husband's shoes so he stays on the ground instead of walking a few feet above it ...

Humbly yours,
Dna. Magda

*Update June 13, 2006: pictures from the ordination and first liturgy as a deacon are now organized into two posts.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I can't believe you're a deaconesse! And that VP is a Deacon! Many years to you both!

Fri Jun 09, 06:58:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Axia, Diakonissa! (She is worthy!) and Axios to Dn. Virgil! It took me forever when Fr. Paul became a deacon to learn to say my own title. :-) Diakonissa is a lot harder than Deacon. Will he be a deacon for a while, or be elevated to the priesthood soon? Fr. Paul was a deacon for almost three years, and I think in some ways he misses it.

Nope, sorry--from another clergy wife--I don't think it was easier for Magda, Laura! We wives have a billion things to think about and worry about and all that.

Fri Jun 09, 10:37:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home