Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Holy Week box: Holy Tuesday evening

Book: Children's Bible Reader
Ephemera: Icon of Christ the Bridegroom; holy oil to represent the oil with which the sinful woman anointed Christ; and three dimes to represent the thirty pieces of silver Judas received.

I gave Lucia different icons and a komboskini.  She's really getting into kissing icons, especially those of Jesus.  She also enjoyed playing with the box itself.  Now I just need to figure out how to make it close quietly...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hmm! That Children's Reader looks interesting! There's so much dreck out there for kids, and Orthodox books for children aren't much better usually. I just bought for my goddaughter's daughter (who is very dear to my heart) a Guardian Angel's Children's Prayer Book, which I loved for my own kids when they were small, and I am delighted to find that I still love it! I may be checking out that Reader sooner rather than later, as Margaret is quite a precocious 2 year old. Any other resources you'd recommend, I would happily receive! (Oh, and from your last box: I love Tommie DaPaola!)

Tue Apr 10, 10:37:00 PM CDT  
Blogger magda said...

The Children's Bible Reader is definitely something I'm glad to have around. The pictures are icon-like (although without the pure awesomeness of these Romanian books) and contain many icons which aren't often seen (by me, anyhow).

I find plenty of inspiration from other Orthodox mothers who blog, such as Mat. Emily, Anna, and Mat. Anna.

Wed Apr 11, 09:43:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home