Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Bad Government

Go, USA!!

And take your horrid forms with you.

1. Application To Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Look, he married me.)
2. Petition for Alien Relative (I like him.)
3. Application for Employment Authorization (You should let him work here [so I don't have to].)
4. Biographic Information (This is him, and him, and me.)

I made copies of EACH of the pages of my passport.

I got Andy to notarize my signature on whatever page Peterbird had flagged.

Tonight, Anthony came over and looked at the horrid applications / petitions / forms and found one missing SSN (mine) and pointed out that Peterbird might want to have a complete sentence ("I married a US citizen." rather than "Married US citizen.") in another place. Peterbird only has a fax (but faxed from Romania) of a (notarized) translation of his birth certificate, so he emailed his brother to see if he could get any closer to a copy of the real thing, and just use what we currently have as a translation.

I have started to talk to the people who have demanded that we fill out these forms in order to get what we want. They cannot hear me, but I don't seem to mind. They are, nevertheless, insufferable. I don't even remember the rest of the hoops we jumped through, but it was ugly.

In other news, we plan to have an open house tomorrow night for Peterbird's name day. (Do other people pause their blog-posting to put up a page so that they can link to it? Sheesh.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing a fine job on the Wiki thing. I might start using that...

Wed Jun 29, 08:22:00 AM CDT  
Blogger existentialist said...

You know I empathize with your struggles. I think I first encountered paper work when I was tested to see if I was a mentally gifted minor at the age of 6. My father kept my records and now I have them. There is a certain element of the law that is necessary for this life, like it or not, and we would do well to abide by it, like it or not.

Wed Jun 29, 09:47:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home