Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Cubically

Once upon a time, a man and a woman loved each other very much, so they got married. Then they decided they would like to have a baby to love. So they prayed and prayed. And God said, "Yes."

And that was me!

— adapted from my parents' traditional birthday story, with me piping in at the end
Today was better than I could have imagined. Last night, two neighbors and I went out to dinner. I didn't know I was helping them buy ingredients for my own surprise birthday dinner! I thought I would just be invited over to dinner with the one neighbor. Evidently, she's sneakier than that. There were candles, placemats, napkin-holders, and a half-dozen smiling friends: the most welcoming sight.

Earlier, at Presanctified Liturgy, I was at the chant stand and had the four little girls in front (two of the triplets, a toddler, and one whom I'm convinced is an angel) come up and snuggle up to me out of the blue.

I'm getting to the point where it feels like God took Dn. Virgil away for the week so He could show me the other blessings he has for me. I kinda get distracted being wifely (either accommodating or demanding) when my husband's around.

Well, I was planning on writing my thank-you notes, but what with Ladies' Night Out (which I enjoyed: part one of the Twelve Great Feasts), my sister calling, and talking to Dn. Virgil online, I just have enough time to creep into bed. (And try not to stay up late and read like I've been doing the past couple of nights, using the excuse that my contacts are out so I can't see the numbers on the clock so I can read another chapter even though I know full well that I brought my Lego watch into bed with me so I can see when I should go to bed!)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I'm glad you had a good time.

Thu Mar 22, 01:07:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home