Thursday, May 08, 2014

Eternally pregnant

That's what it feels like, anyhow. The past couple of days have been especially tough. Last night we were at Teddy's soccer "game," but I hadn't taken the weather into account: 87°F and we were all in long sleeves. Fr. Peter had to leave after 15 minutes for vespers (he's the coach), so I had to bolster Teddy's flagging enthusiasm, amuse a whiny Lucia, and "run" after a Timmo who wanted everyone else's soccer balks (but not ours). I was proud of Lucia for telling me she had to go potty and holding it until we got there (double stroller, uphill both ways somehow). Came back to popsicle stickiness, ran into/over Timmo when he fell out of the stroller (not that he was fazes), and went to church and had husband bring out the cross for us to kiss. Thank God for the double stroller and that this was the only schedule conflict.

On the way, stopped at a light, I tried three times to turn on the air conditioning (pregnant, long sleeves, and supportive underthings, at 87°F in a van that had been sitting in the sun). This somehow turned off the engine and the light turned green.

This morning I wasn't really able to attend the Liturgy. I tried keeping up with the kids in the pew, but Lucia and Timmo were fighting over a candle during the epistle, so I took him and the candle out, and when Lucia came back to the narthex, I had her stay out with us. Brought them in for Communion, and out again after. Timmo figured out the sliding doors, and I still had no energy, so I just held him in what's left of my lap. Went down to get the diaper bag and made it to the back pew when Fr. Peter was handing out antidoron. Timmo came out of the narthex with paper towels and matches. Held him while Teddy put everything away. Fr. Peter got everyone into cars.

Almost at home, some lady decides to turn left and was about a car's length away from me, heading for me and in my lane. She waved cheerily to apologize, and I made it home and had a hysterical fit in the driveway.

I am really looking forward to tomorrow night's youth game night at J's house. Also hoping to switch the thermostat to cool and have the 6'2" fellow wipe the ceiling fans and turn them on. (Why do the children say they are COLD at night!?)

Plenty to be thankful for, but I am a big wuss and trying to suck it up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle M. said...

Oh my goodness! Can you say super mom? What a couple of days. I hope you have a less busy day today.

Fri May 09, 07:48:00 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home